You are here
Home > Auto > Bikes > Documents you Need for Shipping a Motorcycle from Japan

Documents you Need for Shipping a Motorcycle from Japan

Planning to import a motorcycle on American Soil? Shipping a motorcycle from Japan can be real headache, but you can avoid the hurdles by checking the national customs website. Look for the procedure and prepare your documents for the process. This will help you for a smooth transition.

Visit the website and go to import a vehicle section. The website provides you brief details about procedure and what you need to do to avoid any complications. Just apply to trade board for license of important and make all the arrangements before you vehicle is shipped out of Japan. To submit your request, you will need the following:



This is the document which was issued to you by Government of the Country in which you bought the bike (Japan in this case).

Bill of Lading

A detailed list of a ship’s cargo in the form of a receipt given by the master of the ship to the person consigning the goods.


You need an invoice from the supplier for any motor vehicle, cant skip this.

Bill of Sight

This document has every detail of the imported bike. This document is prepared and sigend by broker and customs nonetheless.

Tax Compliant Certificate

This is issued by the Tax Administration Certificate Services Department and it enlists your bike as a legitimate purchase, not a black market product.

Import Entry

This is an import document which has every spec of your bike. It extends to name of importer, shipping info, and duties. This document is completed by broker and submitted to customs. You need to know that this document can be only completed by a licensed custom broker.

These are the precise steps you need to take care of if you are going to be shipping motorcycles from Japan. Be careful and you won’t have a hitch in the process.