The garage door opener has evolved over the past few years with digital technology, new safety features, and additional comfort options. Due to these advancements, the cost of garage door openers has also increased. While the cost is higher, it provides much more convenience and comfort to the users.
However, with the increased cost and improved features, the manufacturers also emphasize maintenance. This article lists some of these maintenance tips that can help prolong the life of your garage door opener repair Chesapeake and save you from energy bills and time spent on regular repairs.
Maintenance Tips That Can Help Prolong The Life Of Your Garage Door Opener
1) One of the most important maintenance tips for garage door openers is to lubricate them regularly. The advice has been given by a number of experts and is given weight by the manufacturers. They indicate that lubrication will increase the lifespan of your garage door opener by 20 times.
2) It has been found that birds are one of the biggest reasons for damage to garage doors. Pellets can get stuck in their tracks or springs, which can lead to malfunctions or even accidents with children. To avoid this, experts recommend closing the garage door at night.
3) Not all types of garage door openers are compatible with each other. Therefore, make sure to check which opener is compatible with your existing garage doors.
4) It is advised by experts to replace broken or bent panels of metal on the outside before winter sets in. This is because the snow can result in additional pressure on them during this time.
5) While that is surprisingly true, experts also suggest that it is better not to use your garage door opener as a means of entry into the house. This is because springs wear out with time, especially if the garage door opener is used for this purpose.